High Current Measurement System Based on Fiber Optic Sensing Technology
LKCO is built on a foundation of patented measurement techniques, over 60 years of measurement expertise, over 8 years of development, and highly proven, military-grade optical sub-systems.
- Patented, complete system closed-loop compensation controls the entire optical fiber circuit, opto-electronics, and measurement outputs to ensure accuracy and stability over the long term
- 0.1% accuracy of reading to over 600kA
- Immune to stray magnetic effects, so it can be installed practically anywhere without requiring a bus analysis to determine the exact mounting position
- Measurement performance exceeds industry-standard LKP systems
- Excellent dynamic range with true bi-directional capabilities
- Modular and lightweight measuring head for superior installation ease and flexibility
- Industry standard output signals allow “plug-and-play” installation
- Wide environmental capabilities with patented temperature compensation
- Completely protected from over-current events
- Advanced accuracy diagnostics provides user with specific system performance monitoring which can also be accessed by DynAmp for remote assistance given an appropriate internet connection
Two light waveforms that are in phase with each other but polarized in opposite directions enter the measurement section of the fiber optics surrounding the bus bar.
Due to the Faraday effect, the magnetic field of the bus current shifts the phase of the two waveforms but in opposite directions.
Interfering factors such as vibration also cause phase shifts in the waveforms but in the same direction. The relative phase shift between the two waveforms is unaffected. Accuracy is maintained.
Patented, closed-loop full compensation accurately nulls the phase between the waveforms. DynAmp’s closed-loop approach encompasses the opto-electronics, complete fiber circuit, and output signals. This unique approach automatically compensates for long-term gain, sensitivity, and repeatability variation.