Metering Accuracy Rectifier Current Measurement and Protection Systems
Knowing different power conversion applications have different performance requirements, DynAmp realized that a new class of measurement was needed. The product had to be dependable, responsive, and provide metering-class accuracy with additional functionality tailored specifically for high-power conversion applications. To achieve this, DynAmp worked with leading rectifier manufacturers from initial concept through final design verification.
DynAmp’s LKAT products provide measurement for both rectifier control and protection in a single system. LKAT offers an exceptional and unmatched price/performance balance as compared to any alternative measurement technology.
By measuring the actual DC output of the rectifier, the control loop is dramatically shortened for superior responsiveness as compared to other, more “remote” measurement points such as ACCT measurement on the primary side or “measurement” windings within the rectifier transformer. Using the actual DC output of the rectifier as the control input eliminates the effects of changes in rectifier/transformer efficiency, dynamics between multiple transformer secondaries, and phase imbalance on the control of the rectifier.
While our LKCO and LKP systems provide the highest degree of accuracy, LKAT systems offer very good “metering” levels of accuracy with a higher degree of functionality and installation flexibility, all at a significantly lower cost.
- Available in 2 accuracy versions, ideal for measurements < 100kA
- LKAT2 provides 0.25% basic accuracy
- LKATplus provides 0.75% basic accuracy
- LKAT MUT is available for testing LKAT systems after installation
- Extremely compact design for mounting versatility
- Tight fit to bus locates head in maximum magnetic field minimizing external influences
- Truly bi-directional performance means accurate operation even in reversed fields or when measuring AC current
- Standard accuracy diagnostics monitor operation to ensure measurement confidence
- Provides indication of correct measurement for control decision making
- Local indication via LED as well as output for control systems
- Easy to accommodate output signals
- mA output signal is ideal for control systems and can successfully be wired through electrically noisy environments
- Standard reverse current protection
- User configurable relay/alarm typically used for reverse current or over current protection
- Optional protection extensions (PE)
- Second broad-range, independently scaled output signal for intelligent rectifier control and protection
- Two additional user configurable relay/alarm outputs, which provides a total of three “trip” points to be set